Tuesday, April 22, 2008

GLAMIS SAND DUNES
















The day before Jennifer and Chris's wedding in Yuma we took the time to take some photos of the beautiful desert wildflowers ... some of the best I have seen since moving to Arizona six years ago!!! The day after the wedding we headed over the border into California before heading back to Phoenix. Our intended destination was the Glamis Sand Dunes, which I have always wanted to see. Of course, the one chance I get to see them there would have to be relentless winds and blinding sand storms :-). We tried to get out of the car to take some photos but within about 2 minutes we were forced back in. Sand had already invaded every square inch of our bodies and I know I personally crunched down on sand particles in my mouth for the rest of the day. Gathering a few more shots from safety of the car, we headed back and found a nice flock of blackbirds to photograph - so all was not lost!

No comments: