Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008

Well, here we are and yet another year has seen its end as we bid goodbye to 2007 and welcome in 2008! The years always seem to pass so quickly. I can remember when the song, "1999" by Prince first came out. I was in my early teens then, and like most people in their youth, I thought to myself, "that is sooooo far away" ... oops, did I just give my age away :-). It seemed impossible to me then that 1999 would ever roll around and now that almost another decade has passed since that auspicious countdown, it somehow seems so long ago!

My life and my world back then was so radically different than today. I lived in Florida at the time and enjoyed what was to be some of the last carefree days I would see for quite some time. I was embarking on my third, and to date last, journey to Kenya - a place I had fallen in love with. I had recently opened a shop selling African arts and artifacts, called Tribal Expressions, while at the same time concentrating on selling my freelance work from my nature and travel photography. I was also married at the time, a union which unfortunately was not meant to be - though happily we still remain good friends.

A lot has happened in the years since, much of it very painful. Ultimately though, it all led me to where and what I am today. I love living out west and I adore what I do on a professional level. I also met Kevin, which has brought great calm to my previously chaotic life. Kevin and I both look forward to the coming year as it will be a big one for us - we will post more on that soon!

As for 2007, we greatly enjoyed it! To all of our couples, we wish to say thank you for allowing us to be a part of your weddings. We get very involved with all of our client's and truly love getting to know each and every one of them. It is because of all of you that we are able to make a living doing something we both feel so passionate about, and for that we are eternally grateful! We wish all of our couples a wonderful new year and a life full of happiness and joy!

Happy New Year 2008!

No comments: