Tuesday, October 23, 2007

THE FLIGHT FROM HELL

I have finally arrived in Orlando, Florida for Aubrey's and Phillip's wedding. I say finally because yesterday I was a bit unsure that I would ever make it. I will not go into detail - believe me, it would take all day - but sufficed to say, yesterday ranked up there as one of the worst travel experiences of my life (and I have traveled a lot.) After almost missing the flight because of a 45 minute wait time at security checkpoint and them not liking the looks of my camera bag (don't know what that was about), our plane turned out not to be "flight worthy" so we all got of the plane, waited an hour, boarded another plane, then that plane was delayed because they broke something on it while reloading luggage, and to wrap it up flight attendants were running to the intercom every 15 minutes during the flight to tell everyone to buckle in and be ready for "moderate" turbulence - I had by this point seriously made up my mind that this flight was jinxed and we were all going to crash to our deaths.

Obviously that didn't happen though and here I am in the sunshine state where it is a balmy 90 degrees under partly cloudy skies - ahhh, Florida in late October! It promises to be a busy week ahead with Aubrey's bridal shoot tomorrow, the reception on Thursday and finally the wedding on Friday, so check back in for all the results!

No comments: