Saturday, November 3, 2007

IN MEMORY OF AN OLD COMPANION


You may have left us, but you will never leave our hearts.


Today one of my dogs passed away. He is actually my mother's dog, but seeing as how he came to live with us when I was 18 years old and still living at home, in my mind he has always been my dog too. His name was Mac and most recently he made an appearance on the blog on Halloween dressed up as "The Old Wizard". He was 19 years old, so I guess you couldn't ask for more than that.

Mac, you were a wonderful part of our family, and after almost two decades it is not going to seem the same without you. We loved you dearly, and for a dog who began life so sickly you really surprised us with your resilience and determination. I hope you have rejoined Winnie now and the two of you are running together like the old days. You won't be forgotten - rest well little peacock...

No comments: